Saturday, October 15, 2005


Very tired but I had a productive day today. Cook char kuey teow 'live' for around 3 hours non-stop during the Malaysian Food Fest. This is its 5th year in CMU and the event has become a brand name on campus. Spent the entire night last night preparing satay. I told my parents and friends that we sell satay and they thought the CMU Malaysians buy them from some Chinatown shop. No, we really make our own satay as good as the satay back at home. Thanks to the abundance of herbs and spices in the Indian grocery stores. My char keuy teow was way behind the standard of the uncles at the hawker stalls though people queued for 20 mins on average for a $3 plate.

After MFF, I went over to a HK's fren's house for a game poker. James and A was there. A is this Thai girl whom I think is comparable with Eing. She makes a good friend for a guy but you won't get emotionally attached to her. She's pretty. Very pretty. Have to admit that I used to 'like' this chick in freshman year and my friends kept making fun of me bla bla bla.. as a result, i refrained myself from knowing her better coz everyone kept making fun of me.

The good thing is poker brings people together. We played poker twice already and with poker, its easy to talk to people. Also, with poker, there's an excuse to stare at a girl's eyes. Anyway, tonight I won the second game and felt good about it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cris...

wow.. it's tat time of d yeaR again!! cool! last year u made swak laksa kan? eh, u never cook for me la, i often hear abt u cookin n stuf since dulu2 lagi but i dun think u ever let me try. anyway, nice to hear u enjoyin urself like tat. must hav been a lot of fun! =b