Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Month to Go

A month to go before I leave Carnegie Mellon. I realize that it is going to be damn hectic month to a level that I am worrying about it every 5 minutes. I am writing everything down here so that I myself can be reminded and clear view on the mess.

  • My Linux mini is demanding an open-source contribution at the end of the semester on top of weekly homework and a software license analysis.
  • The Human Computer Interaction project that I've been working on since Spring 2006 is coming to an end. I need to leave an impact on the web site and document on every little detail. In my point of view, the development have been very messy mainly because I'm using PHP which has a limit on the number of lines of code. In other words, it's not a good platform/language for a large web application project. I should have taught myself Java Servlets earlier on.
  • Packing up. 4 years in the same room have helped accumulate a house of personal possessions most of which need to sold, discarded or be given away. For the rest, I'll throw them into boxes and figure out a way to ship them to New York.
  • TWO Economics Projects. Professor have been delaying the progress of the class up to a point that we have 2 projects in a month. None of the instruction for the projects have been released yet.
  • Finalize a place to stay for the next 1 year in New York.
  • H-1B work visa blues. If I don't get it this year, there's a change I'll be spending 3 months in mid 2008 either working in an overseas office, taking an unpaid leave during that period or leave the country for good.
  • Parents visit. I have not figure out a travel plan for them who have not visited this country before. Uncle Edmund and family from Houston might be coming for graduation. So is my dad's cousin from Maryland.
I must accommodate all above into my currently very dormant final-semester lifestyle of watching YouTube day and night.

Photos from Miami:
http://picasaweb.google.com/winstoncyl/2007031020070318SpringBreakMiami (most photos here)
http://picasaweb.google.com/cbasah/ (I was lazy to take photos)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cris, dun worry too much.
Enjoy your time with youtube and have fun doing nothing. Things will turn out great!!! :)