Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tanjung Batu Beach

3/28/2008


I've been waiting for this day for three weeks since our dinner at Kidurong Club and drive around the housing area in Kidurong and around town. She's back in town for the weekend. This afternoon was our 4th time hanging out together. We were supposed to meet tonight but with an invitation from her aunt and uncle for dinner at their place, I suggested tea instead of dinner/supper. I insisted that she puts family first way before me, who is only a friend. So, we settled on going to the beach for chendol, sotong kangkong and her favorite limau ais.

Coincidentally, we both wore white today. It was the first thing she commented after she entered the car. I showed her a picture of us on Christmas day 6-7 years back where we both wore blue.

I like having her around. I like looking into her eyes for short moments. I like taking quick glances of her when she's looking somewhere else. I like listening to her giggles and seeing her smile.

We chatted about our secondary school, family and old friends. We exchanged questions and answers about preferences over little things in life. When she asked me if I would prefer a house by the sea to one on the mountain, I said by the sea and she too indicates the same preference. She asked if I prefer yellow light to fluorescent light, I said yellow with the utmost confidence in my answer and again, we realized we share another preference. I, being the unusually silly at times with the intention to carry on with conversations, asked if she prefers a bathtub to a shower.

I hope I can see her again tomorrow afternoon but promise myself not to cry if we could not meet.

Copyright note: The image embedded above was not taken by me and was grabbed from lifeislikethat.com through Google Image.

0 comments: