Saturday, August 28, 2004

2 weeks at home and 2 days in KL. That's how short my holiday was. Only now I realized it was too short but when I was doing nothing around at home, I thought it was long.



Home is great. My parents are as usual. My sister getting more and more fanatic of anything pink. My brother acquired the most changes. He has trimmed down by doing workouts on a daily basis. I lost him in arm wrestling. At Form 4, he has already towered over me. I think he's easily a 6-footer now. He took up drumming since my dad's drums were now put in his bedroom. My sister quietly practice it when he's not around. So, both of them can drum. My dad and I can't it's hard to have your arms and legs moving independently. My grandaunt is as usual.



Bintulu, my hometown, have changed a little bit. There's a double lane highway to the hospital. The road to the new airport is still under construction. Pizza hut just opened a branch in town and everyone's visiting it. Many are not used to the restaurant. I could see the lack of confidence in the patron faces as they eat. On the week I arrived, we had take away pizzas for 3 nights in a row. Everyone noticed I got fatter. When my family first saw me, they all burst in laughter. My neck they said is as big as my head. I had to come with all sorts of excuses. My hair was long and that contributed to the "fat" effect.



I didn't manage to meet most of my friends. The only ones I hung out with were my friends from UiTM and Unimas who are on holiday too. Ahmad is struggling with first year law in Shah Alam, Afizal doing civil in Unimas while the rest are doing diplomass in Unimas.



I was able to use the car almost everyday. Driving around town reminds me some of the good times I had with her. Even when I was in KL, the Swatch shop and Starbucks brought memories of mixed feelings on our last... jalan-jalan. She's not around coz her holidays are at year-end. She gave me a shirt with Size S. My family saw the shirt and the only person who fitted into it was my mum. I'm prompted to go back again this winter since I've not seen here for over a year. But two weeks of winter holidays would mean a high flight price over days at home ratio. If my mum's not using her enrich points, maybe I'll beg for her to buy me a passage home.







0 comments: