Sunday, August 1, 2004

Looking at the date on the computer clock, I just remember that it has been a year since I left Shah Alam. The last few days before I left home was pretty boring I stayed later since MARA had a pre-departure briefing after the summer session ended.



Packing was an easy thing to do. It was more joyous than unpacking which was a very emotional chore after returning from Sarawak. I had built quite a home in my Cemara room that a single economy flight ticket won't allow that much luggage to be brought home. Lucky thing my mother came a few weeks before I left so I seized the opportunity of her lightweight travel.



I have always been a last-minute person. I enjoy procastinating and the adrenaline rush of doing things at the 11th hour. I did not really pack until the day before my flight back home. Thanks to a crazy night out with Tzuo Hann and Evelyn where I had my last glasses of beer before being an underaged drinker in America. As a result, there were things that were left in the room. I left my pillow which over the one year period, had acquired a rather strange world mapped due to the sweat and occasional drooling in my sleep. I regretfully left my bolster that had been in my possession since I was 6 years old. I left a self-assembled table (Nicholas assembled it actually) that I bought from the nearby Giant supermartket for RM 50. I left my laundry basket. I even left my Calculus textbook but fortunately I managed to tell my roommate to pass it to a friend of mine who is from the hometown. I remembered rushing to Cemara 4 hours before my flight to Los Angeles just to pick up the book. Christopher (the guy whom I left the textbook with) was in a biology class in Section 17 so I can't pick it up.



But among the things I left, nothing was more unusually meaningful than.....



a spanner.

0 comments: