Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HSS

It was a splendid weekend. I was the driver for the female members of the family for a weekend trip to Miri. Naughty sister had to be returned to her rightful place in Curtin Miri while mom was attending a women-only church conference centered on the development of holiness. The men's version will follow suit in about two weeks. Dad decided to hear Anwar Ibrahim speak so he stayed back.

I must admit it was a date regardless whatever the situation. In my opinion, it was one because:
- the meeting was only between a guy and a girl
- the guy was a nerve wreck throughout the day
- the guy spent the morning at a car wash (the female equivalent is to spent the day at a spa or a hair saloon, no?)

I like how we got lost trying to find our way to the Miri-Lutong highway. I love the way she warns me not to knock down the mat motor who was trying to merge into my lane. The music at the stone-bowl restaurant where we ate were of the late 1990s and early 2000s (i.e. music that dominated the airwaves of our secondary school days). There was no John Mayer, Kanye West or Justin Timberlake but hits from MLTR, N Sync, Boyzone and BSB.

Glad to know all is not lost.

0 comments: