Sunday, March 7, 2004

"Go away, go away. Don't haunt me"



since my last blog on Wednesday, so much things have happened but I've yet to write anything. I shouldn't delay any longer.



"My most recent programming assignment was hellish, at least to my average intellgence. Writing a class tha was later tested by some test code written by Professor nearly institutionalize me. I'm experiencing what my senior upperclassmen felt coding for courses like 15-211, 15-213, 15-212 etc. I spent the entire Thursday afternoon in a Wean Windows cluster punching keys into what seemed to be a blank wall. I finally finished it the next day after realizing that I needed to overwrite the .equals method in order for the binarysearch and contains methods to work. Actually, I slept at 3 and jumped out of bed 6am after realizing that the program was due in 6 hours. Somehow between 6 to 9, it felt like it was dream because I continued my sleep after submitting it. This assignment worries me. It's an indication of what the rest of the semester in 15111 would be. I'm tempted to take 15211 since a minor in robotics requires it.



After waking up at noon Friday, I went out with the rest of my fellow freshmen to Monroeville which was an hour away from Oakland. Sorry, friends. If it was not for my volatile stomach that led me to a quick lao sai at the Carnegie Museum's toilet, we wouldn't have missed the 67A at 3.45pm. Anyway, being in Monroeville after months of not going to shopping mall reminds me of our first week in Pittsburgh where we ventured into the well-established shopping centers all over Pittsburgh in search for household items for our new apartments (yes, all of us live in apartments for our first year). But this time, there was less of a pressure to spend. My debit card was only billed for a belt and a pair of cargo shorts. The outing to Monroeville centered most my drink with Seng Keat and Chern Yih at Cinnabon's. We felt like some old men at a coffee shop talking about the past since we were whining and complaining how overworked we have been for the 1st half of Spring 2004. I pity Seng Keat with 251 course which I believed is the hardest hurdle for any CS major in CMU.



Yeah! Phey Yuen arrived in the evening so we picked her up from the Greyhound station after shopping around in Monroeville. I've not seen her since she was here for Winter break. I guess she's like part of our family of freshmen in Pittsburgh. After Rafiq, her number of visits to Pittsburgh is the second most after my fellow MARA scholar, Rafiq. Both are from Penn State in College Park. After dinner at Lulu's, we had night spent on listening to tracks on napster, piano at mudge from 2am till 4am, and another round of talking about music till 6am.



I'm now getting worried of getting my physics lab and report completed by the end of Spring Break. The next 5 day will be in Orlando. It's very hard to work when the rest of friends are enjoying themselves. Ok ok. I must start complete my Speed of Sound notebook after this. Procastination sucks.

0 comments: