Tuesday, March 2, 2004

The weather is so nice outside with skies more or less clear and the nice cool air blowing. I just wish I don't have this programming thing to do..sigh..



I just wrote something at random to Daphne just now...



"Have u ever thought of being in Heaven means being comfortable of having God around you? I asked myself this question once... What if we are tempted to sin Heaven? My uncle Edmund told me that being in heaven means being comfortable with God's ways. So, if you sin, you will not feel comfortable. I think that's how a holy person is in Heaven. God to you is no more a burden. Some people may say "I don't sin at all. I can go to Heaven." But then, is he really feel having not to sin is a burden? If I think holiness is a burden or something you wanna have so that you go to Heaven, I think that will qualify me to go to Heaven. Indeed, heaven's gate is so small that it's small than a needle's eye coz holiness is something you want to have sincerely. Being in heaven is something you want to have sincerely.



It's really hard, for me at least, to have a sincere relationship with God. Many in this world, I think, takes religion because they want something for it. Even sadder to say, that's how some Christians market the faith to non-believers. I came across a flyer in New York City last winter that says that by going to church, you'll have lots of blessings. What if worshipping God brings you no blessings at all? In the old testament, there are examples of people who are generously blessed by God for being believers ie. Abraham and King David. But there examples where one is taken away from all the comfort and success he had but still his trust and loyalty to God remained unshaken ie. Job. Ultimately, I think, Christ's Passion is the perfect example on a true relationship with God. He was stripped from all the fame and respect he had a week ago when He triumphantly entered Jerusalem but remained through to God till His very last breath as a man among us. He foresees the triumph of His death is not for Him but it's a triumph for mankind. In other words, He sacrificed himself not for His glory but the glory of His father and all those who believed in Him."



Hope it makes sense.

0 comments: