Monday, February 13, 2006

Rescheduled lagi. This is the second time in less than a week that I came to the career center in the morning and was told that my interview is postponed. The interviewer from Goldman Sachs couldn't fly in from NYC as the result of the heavy snowstorm over the weekend. Luckily I was there last Wednesday instead of today. Else, I might be stranded at La Guardia as well.

I want to suggest the career center should come up with a systematic way to handle last minute cancellations of interviews. It was pretty annoying for me to wake up iron my shirt the night before and put on a suit just to find out 5 minutes before the scheduled time that the interviews for the day have been cancelled. I might want to suggest that they should have an automatic telephone reminder for the interviews. Just like what Orbitz has to remind its customers of upcoming flights. I think it will be awesome if I get a call at 7 a.m. saying

"Good morning. This is a reminder from the Carnegie Mellon Career Center of your scheduled ... first round interview ... with ... Goldman Sachs ... for a ... summer internship ... in ... Investment Banking.. at ... 9.30 ... a.m. .... today for ... 30 ... minutes. Please be at the waiting lounge 10 minutes before the scheduled appointment. Thank you."

On the other hand, if there's a last minute cancellation, the system should have an automated call to the candidate's cellphone informing the cancellation.

Fuh. I think I can do something like this. I was part of a research project at Intel Pittsburgh on music recognition service during sophomore year.

0 comments: