Tuesday, July 6, 2004

The flight home to Malaysia is a month away. I'm all happy and excited about seeing my family and friends as well as the small little town of Bintulu and the house where I grew up. However, one silly thing is bothering me that. The possible surprise among my family members and friends on how much fatter I've been since I came to the states have kept me wondering how can I lose a significant amount of weight in a month. Fore warnings were given when my family saw my photos. What can they expect, I've been under a meal plan that is enough to feed my brother and I. American drinks and cakes have sky-high levels of sugar (Corn syrup). The intensity of the workload here in CMU kept me from working out (ya ya ya). What more to say about the freaking cold winter that lasted for around 3 months. That too kept me from working out outdoors. Oh, since I live off campus, the CMU gymn seems lightyears away. It seems I have all the reasons not to be able to exercise much for the past 1 year.



It has been the other way round. My younger brother is now boasting that he has lost weight and is even considering joining a mountain bike race in Kapit. Max said he now eats once a day in Northwestern. Very much of a contrast to Max in Shah Alam. My Malaysian seniors have been telling me to join them in soccer every weekend. I just wish the need to exercise is as intense as the need to brush your teeth when I wake up in the morning. I wish that without a day of exercise, I would feel feverish.



Ah, too much whining for something trivial. At least, I am still healthy at the moment.



The Prime Minister is coming to the U.S. the week after next week and the Malaysian Student Department in D.C. are inviting students to attend the meeting with him on July 18. A night stay in D.C. and transportation costs will be on MSD. Will be going. I need to get out of Pittsburgh. I need to see America man! 4 years ain't enough.

0 comments: