Saturday, July 10, 2004

my mind's blank. nothing to write. if i write about what happened today, it would be boring.



i bumped into Carolyn in the Wean cluster today. She saw me editing C codes using Codewarrior and was surprised why I was using the IDE meant for introductory programming in CMU. In a matter a few minutes, she was teaching me a lot about xemacs and how I can using x-win32 and run them off a telnet window. And there was xemacs, a highly reputable code editing tool among the UNIX programming community. The GUI may not be appealing but it has a shitload of functionalities and options. Seeing how Carol tweaked her xemacs and how complex this software is, I decide that my next goal in programming is to learn to use this software. Sorry to say that the internet connection in Webster is not within the CMU network but through Comcast DSL. It's not as fast as CMU's. So, the disadvantage is that I'll be having lagging x displays.



These days life is about watching download movies and dramas, reading and writing answers for World History questions and writing C codes.



i think i want to be a spy and be stationed in Europe.

0 comments: