Saturday, July 17, 2004

My bag is packed for Washington D.C. tomorrow and I have to bring my suit along. sigh since the high tea with the Prime Minister will be a formal occassion. Ah, the word Prime Minister still lingers around Tun Dr. Mahathir despite his retirement last year. He was there for so long that I grew up knowing no other Prime Minister except Mahathir.

 

I borrowed Bob's spindle of downloaded episodes of 24 and Monk. 24 is an interesting drama series where by a season is a story of a full day. So, an hour-long episode is about an hour. 24's about this Counter Terrorism Unit expert who's battling a conspiracy on the assasination of the African American Presidential candidate.

 

There's one flaw though. It seems unrealistic to have so many actions in a hour. I don't know about the rest but certainly in a hour for me, there's a certainly some period of daydreaming. In other words, there are periods of time  when mind just slows down and perhaps go blank. In 24, every single second has an action or a conflict. What sets this drama series from the rest is that it each episode has tail or ending. Basically, it's a 24-hour long movie cut into 24 parts.

 

On Monday morning, the Prime Minister will be meeting President Bush at the White House and in the afternoon, he'll be meeting us. Kenneth and I agree how great is it to be included with George Bush in Dato Seri Abdullah's agenda for the day.

0 comments: