Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Had a rush dinner because I decide to obey my craving for veal rather than be in time for the evening lab. Sauteed veal over penne for $10.95. That's twice the daily pay of a construction worker in Malaysia. I can easily have an ala carte meal at Chilli's or Shangri-La back in KL with this amount of money. Maybe feed a party of four at KFC or Sugarbun. I didn't finish the penne because I dun like penne. I just couldn't understand why everyone likes penne. To me, the spaghetti is the god of all pastas.



Experimental physics was cut short to a lecture this evening. the professor explained something on RCL circuits which I barely understand. Involves differential equations - maths stuff that I've yet to learn. I tried my best to be intuitive but couldn't help feeling inferior to the Physics majors in the class. This week and next week will be sort of a easy week for the lab course. Tuesday is off since Monday's President's Day so the professor wants to equalize the pace of the Monday and Tuesday sections.



Rafiq came over from Penn State for a Finger 11 gig at Club Laga which is just a few minutes walk from my place. I fogot that he's coming until he gave a call saying that he was downstairs. Well, I knew he was going to come on Tuesday but I lost the sense of today being Tuesday.



Sliding away from my studies lately esp with Physics which took me the whole evening to finish the first portion of the week's assignment. So much maths in it that the homework looks more like a maths homework. I somehow realize that Physics is all about dealing with quantities and playing around with quantities is basically maths! F = ma is not a fact but more of an expression of a certain quantity not quality. F = ma does not have a subjective definition to it so it can't express beauty, taste, smell or sound.



Time for bed or else my sleep continues during Prof Quinn's and Prof Tolle's lectures tomorrow morning.

0 comments: