Saturday, February 28, 2004

Two movies on a Friday night.



The Passion of The Christ is really movie that strikes deep to the core of your heart. For some who scourging might find reading about Christ's last 12 hours to be not really traumatic knowing that He's God himself, watching this movie will remind you how human he was then. I must say that I took the journey to the Cross to be just another matyr-like suffering. The movie makes us feel that we're really in the streets of Jerusalem; one of those by standers who witness the cruelest form of the Roman execution. The was in fact gruesome, so gruesome that it makes what you the priest narrates during a service of the Station of the Cross far from telling the true pain. I thought it was just the canning, but then Christ was whipped by spiked belts which ripped his bits of his flesh to the ground. And I thought it was just at his back. The torturers turned him over and did the exact the same tortune on his front side. I just covered half of my face with my jacket because I couldnt stand the scene. When your body is full of slashes, nothing is more painful when it get into contact with cloth - the red garment was thrown over him.



Maybe to some, the movie is overly gruesome. I recommend not to let children watch this film. Also, to some it is controversial. Just don't say it's controversial until you watch it. Never take another's word till you witness itself. I think the film is meant for believers. It's a striking reminder on why God is was made man and how He always remember his creations.

0 comments: