Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I just couldn't figure out how did I slept till 1.30pm. I was awoke by James' call from the physics recitation class. Anyway, I attended Madhur's 2nd recitation at 4.30.



It seems one of my quest in life today is to listen to an interesting album everyday. Thanks to Napster, now I'm downloading albums legally and even better, quickly (10x the speed of illegal KaZaa).



Right now is Phil Collins' Hot Night in Paris which is a concert tour of him with a bunch of big band jazz sessionists. No vocals but the absence is replaced by a cekap alto sax. So cekap that it seems that the star of the concert is not Collins himself but the saxaphonist himself. Whoever he is lah. My fav track is the jazzy remake of Against All Odds which I think is sounds more satisfying that the original version of the hit.

However, if listened properly, this album will tell you how good Phil Collins with the drums. I did a google search on his biography and found out that he started having his own set of drums at the age of 12............ I remembered watching a documentary of the creation of this album a few years back.. I think when i was in form 1 or 2. It was really with a bunch of professional jazz musicians that are of my dad's age.



Wish could do this as a hobby. Be good jazz piano and performs in pubs on weekends. Not for the money but simply for the fun of working with a bassist and trumpet player. But for now, let's just stick for some simple chords on Thursday evening with the great John D'Amico.

0 comments: