Saturday, May 8, 2004

Carnegie Mellon freshman Physics courses are tough. Yesterday's Physics II for Engineers final was tough. Hmm.. maybe it was not tough. Maybe I was careless. I overlooked a lot of things. I carelessly measured the changing area of a triangle as the changing area of a rectangle. I wrote a travelling wave equation for a standing wave in its harmonic frequency. I don't know what other careless mistake I did. I think I'm getting a B for this course. Again, not after a B for Physics I. Hard to believe that I feel tihs way after mad studying for it for the past 1 week.

My mouse went dead last night. I always eat as I use the computer so that mouse that had served me since I got my old laptop in 2002 turned oily. I brought it to the bathroom, rubbed some liquid soap on it, rinse it with damped toilet paper, dried it with towel, plugged it back it and there was no red LED light at the base. The mouse has served me well. I would still use it if it didn't get electrocuted last night. A generic, two-button Logitech, it's an example of fine Swiss engineering although its made in China. With no mouse, I had to spent Friday night at the cluster but thanks to Ding, I got to borrow his extra Microsoft Mouse, an optical one.

On the way back from campus last night at 1 am, a white dude talking on his cellphone came up to me and asked my name.

"Hey buy, what's your name?" he asked.

"Why do you need it for?" I stammered.

"Anthony? NIce to meet you Anthony. Do you live around here?" "

Hesistantly I said yes. The next thing he did was running across the red traffic light at the PNC Bank junction. I realized he was drunk from the way he ran. He hailed a taxi but couldn't get one.

I have programming today. I just hope everything will go fine. No mental blocks. No hard methods. No null exceptions. I HATE NULL EXCEPTIONS.

0 comments: