Saturday, May 29, 2004

Finally I'm able to get blogger to reach my server via FTP. The problem was all about my ftp server not being passive. I went as far as asking help from Blogger's support group. They told me that blogger only support either secure ftp or passive ftp.



I fulfilled a long time intention of watching Day After Tomorrow yesterday. It was very similar to deep impact excepted no characters were isolated. The movie is quite entertaining in a sense that it conjured some wild possibilities. I don't know why moviemakers like to send disasters to New York City. This time, it was flooded and eventually became part of the expanded Artic continent. In fact, nearly the entire Northern hemisphere was swallowed up by snow. The U.S. government ordered its citizen to evacuate as far south as possible. Then, the reverse of reality happened - the influx of American refugees at the border with Mexico. The President announced that it forgave all Latin American debts.... everyone laughed in the cinema. The freaky part of the movie is the eye of the snow storm. The area within the eye will experience tremendous drop in temperature - 10 degrees per second. People froze to death that instantly so I think it was like spraying someone with liquid nitrogen. There was a scene on three Brith RAF choppers which froze instantly crash when they were on the way to evacuate the royal family at Balmoral Castle. By the way, the movie was also about the paleonclimatologist who modelled the climate change rescuing his son stuck in New York.



I'm having a sore throat now. Sucks..

0 comments: