Thursday, May 20, 2004

Webster 615 this summer will be home to a bunch of guys having homecooked Malaysian food for dinner. Thanks to the hiatus from the meal plan during the summer. For example, tonight, Dilo prepared a super-sedap nasi lepak that made Pittsburgh more like home. Don't perceive me as chauvinistic but I think guys these days take food more seriously than girls.



We insist on having proper meals instead munching off some raw carrots or candy bar for lunch or dinner. Our stomach may grow slightly bigger

but at least we stick to the conventional wisdom that has been passed down for generations that we should have proper meals for lunch and dinner assuming that we can afford to have them. I used to know a girl who eats nothing or at least very little when I'm around with her. However, strangely enough, her parents told my parents that she eats quite a lot at home. I tried to assume that she's in front of me but... no.. I don't think so.



I think people always think of me as me as a cold, unfriendly, serious and perhaps fierce person. My observations of new people I meet seems to be that they are have that fear in getting to know me. Close friends told me that I do have a serious face. Am I getting this from my parents who also fierce-looking people?



Btw, being fierce looking doesn't mean being selfish, snobbish or unkind. It's just the way facial muscles are structured.

0 comments: