Sunday, May 16, 2004

Nothing to hope for in her



Spent the night browsing friendster after a hiatus from the activity since the finals week. Found quite a number of long lost friends. One of them is Khairul who used to sit next to me in Form 4. A soccer playing dude who takes the game seriously. I used to play with him back in lower secondary. I can't believe that I would wake up at 7 (afternoon session) and made my mum drive to school just to play soccer with Khairul's team. There was Alif too, Fadzli's cousin, a very quiet person whom we always smilar as 'Alif Tatau' to differentiate him with Haliff, another buddy of mine who's doing medicine in Gajah Mada University, Indonesia. I'm looking forward to find Haironiza on friendster. She was my classmate since Primary 1 till Form 3. If it wasn't for her dad's job transfer to Mukah, we would still be classmates till Form 5. I knew how much she hated her new place from the number of times in a year she returned to Bintulu. I thought finding her was easy since she's Alif's girlfriend. Apparently not. She was nowhere to be found Ali's list.



Talking about long-lost friends, can't believe that my dad has a long long half-brother. Quite a story behind it. Anyway, grandpa and relatives were saying that they look very similar to my dad. A spitting image of him. This thrills my dad since he is the only son. For me, it's quite unbelievable. All the while, I've been looking at my dad as the man of the family. I guess to me my dad is a very special person indeed. So, when I'm back this August, I'll most probably meet up with half-uncle of mine. Unforunately, he is not as lucky as my dad to escape the ruralness of the Sarawakian interior and obtain some decent education. What causes the thrill also is that I am a spitting image of my dad and if that man looks like my dad, so I can pretty much say that I'll be seeing myself in my uncle. People always say that I'm a xeroxed copy of my dad which of course, gives a sense of relief to him...haha.



Btw, the blogging gets longer recently since I pissed someone off...



I can't believe how many free stuff that we've gotten for the apartment today and in the past week when graduating seniors are leaving. Now, Webster 615 has quite a complete kitchen... appliances wise I mean. Coffeemaker (brand new one), blender and toaster as well as the rice cooker and microwave that Kenneth and I bought.



0 comments: