Tuesday, May 11, 2004

On the left is this Silicon Graphics (SGI)Indy workstation that I picked up from a kind Ph.D student in Biology who gave it out for free. It's a 1994 model that at its time cost $5000. Specs: 2 x 1GB SCSI hard drives, 64 MB of RAM, 166 MHZ Mips Processor, 13W3 monitor port, and a web cam. Installed inside is an IRIX. Yet to find an adapter for the monitor. Might scour for parts around Wean tonight. Wanna learn UNIX with this machine.



As I write this, my Uncle Benjamin back in Kuching might browsing through my blog, commenting who earth would read my blog and who the hell thinks of a dying computer mouse.



"What's wrong with your generation?", he asked hinting the stupidity of my eulogy



I have this feeling that my family members including my uncles are thinking I'm overworking here. I suppose my dad would tell them that their son/nephew here are work night and day. Uncle Christopher did not believe that we have that much work. Uncle Benjamin told me that I should join give a visit the Opus Dei center 1 mile down 5th Avenue. Btw, Opus Dei is a Catholic organization for non-priests and nuns so that they can live the life of doing God's will in whatever legal/honest profession they're in.



They tell me play some sports because they are superb atheletes back in their young days. Hello, I'm not like them. Physically, I have my Kayan genes and my Kayan side doesn't play sports. We play music. Music is equally as good as sports! I tried playing soccer and fail miserably on the pitch. I can't run 6 times around the track without stopping 100 times every 10 meters. I even lost to my younger brother (4 years younger!) when we took swimming classes together in primary school.



Why do we all have to live to expectations? Why don't we live to prove people wrong?

0 comments: