Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Thanks to multiple problems with package installers in my Redhat box, I've neglected my blog for the past few days. Even my summer studies is put aside. Last night, I made a second installation thinking that some package might have been corrupted. Still, redhat hangs when I tried installing a new version of php using yum.



I'd like to thank my dear friends here in CMU who gave Eunice and I a treat for our birthday in Bangkok Balcony on Saturday night. Kenneth, Chern Yih, Ken Yu, Joo May, Ding, Wendy, Seng Keat and Bo.. Great friends I have here in Pittsburgh. Great friends who are in other places as well. Thanks for all the birthday wishes via ICQ, MSN, Shoutbox etc. Max and Rafiq gave me a call. Thanks, guys.



What a coincidence that Eunice aka Yau Nai and I share the same birthday. What is more suprising is that we're from the same pre-uni center in Shah Alam. Oh ya, I remembered during Orientation. The O.C.s were asking if anyone wants to get a copy of the placement test. Out of the large crowd of incoming scholars, Eunice and I stood up asking for it since we said we would do anything to get good grades. None of our friends remembered about that incident. Neither does Eunice.



The food during the birthday dinner was great. Thai food. Ah, our daily lunch now is Thai Food too.. from the food trucks. Quite pricey but the classy decor explains the bill. Not as fancy as P.F. Chang's but worthy to be called one of those upper-class Asian restaurants. Usually, Malaysians would hold birthday dinners here.



Concepts and Stats 217 are really bothering me now. I find myself to have a very low sense of understanding mathematical ideas. Thanks to Kenneth and Eunice who explained the proof of Division with Remainder Theorem. I wish I can be as quick as them in grasping. My logic thinking is quite slow I must say.... Paokong commented my homework solutions today and that I should use the more proper way to prove. He took the course last semester and admitted that it was a course so rigid in writing proofs. I guess Maths' like Law. You need some structured way of arguing. It's different from problem solving.



Back to revising Stats 217... halfway downloading Fedora Core 2 for the other free P.C.Hope none of the problems with this first installation occurs there. Supposedly Fedora seems to be the more popular version of Red Hat now...

0 comments: