Tuesday, June 1, 2004

What a waste. The web server thing is getting more and more distracting. I played around php-nuke and tried to set up a forum for my secondary school but the sendmail daemon screwed up that registered users didn't get any confirmation e-mail. No wonder no one is in the members list.



Summer school here is really like a summer boot camp. It's a mental one though. For the past 2 weeks, I've been grilled with basic discrete maths that drives me into a record low of confidence. My friends who are not taking summer classes tell me that what I'm doing just sucks but I find it's not much different than studying during the normal semester. I enjoy concepts of math but the material is really needs a good push or squeeze to get into that narrow pipe that delivers knowledge into my brain. Not just delivering it into my brain is my problem, but to make sure of it at the right time and at the least amount of time is another problem. What a way to describe dumbness. Is there such a word, dumbness?



I think I drank 5 cups of coffee today. Thanks to the pack of coffee machine that makes coffee-making a very appealing activity. Oh, I feeel quite jittery now.



Oh again, it's Gawai today. My grand family is not celebrating it the usual way. My grandparents are somewhere in Colorado with one of my uncles and his family. They arrived last week but no plans are made to visit me here in Pittsburgh. So, the gathering place this year is Kuching. My family's there right now I think. To me, it's just another day spent in my room with sheets of paper lying around and a very distracting laptop. No, I'm not cursing you, Thinkpad. You're still one of my closest buddies around.

0 comments: