Thursday, April 8, 2004

the formal report for physics lab is really a pain on the arse. there's so much things to be look at and make sure they are right. more technical reports to read and write as a future engineer.



It's Holy Week this week so I tonight, I went for the Holy Thursday mass at St. Paul's next door to Webster. My brother and I have always look forward to the high Masses on the Holy Week. Probably because we're altar servers who got to serve with the priests then. Even now, I was excited to attend this evening's service. St. Paul's celebrates Christ's Last Supper very steep in tradition with the gothic interior of the Cathedral as well as the choral music provided by the choir. It's an experience that touches the faith I must say especially during the transfer of the blessed sacrament. Unlike back home, the diocese of Pittsburgh takes the liturgy very seriously. Every priest who celebrates mass here have their hangs closed like Mother Mary does. Their movements across the sanctuary are graceful. Very much like temple worship, something that the modern church has missed especially back home in Malaysia where the renewal movement is much more active. I can't wait for tomorrow's Good Friday service and Saturday's Virgil Mass.



My mother was very surprised when I told her that Americans don't have good Friday as a holiday. Fortunately, Professor Powers cancelled tomorrow's afternoon class. I guess our Jewish brothers are away at home celebrating Passover.



Got tonnes of work to do though especially for Java.

0 comments: