Friday, April 9, 2004

"We sat one seat apart today. Wish I sat nearer."



I've been planning my future courses for the next few days. Summer school registration is this Monday. Thinking of doing Calc3D and Concepts but I'm doubtful whether this summer is going to be summer or hell if I do that. For summer session II, I have 15-113 C Programming in mind with Differential Equations. I have been advised by some seniors that doing math courses in summer teach you nothing but I'm really tempted to do so since I'm behind in my Calculus thanks to being dumb in the placement test.



Another good Spring weather today although a bit chilly but the sun is up bright with very few clouds. I attended Good Friday service at St. Paul's right after class. Another ceremony steep in tradition I must say. The diocese really take the liturgy very seriously and "accurately" here. I remembered one priest mentioning once that he was the Liturgical Master for the diocese. That reveals how big the liturgy is to them. I don't the Miri diocese has a proper priest in charge of it. The garments worn by the priests, deacons and altar servers here are real proper ones. Tailored to perfection and quality. Back home, our cassocks were made of regular white sheets. I wish I can tape of the high masses on cable and send it back home for my altar server friends to watch.



Oh, there was this cute little girl behind Bishop Wuerl during the procession today. Later I found out that she's the altar girl who holds his Mitre (the "hat" won't by the bishops and cardinals).

0 comments: