Thursday, April 22, 2004

Where is she? I just leave my heart in two



Haha. I got the 1GB gmail account coz I'm active blogger because blogger.com is owned by Google! I thinking forward every e-mail I get on Andrew (my CMU account) to this google.



Got my Physics II test back yesterday. the worst of 3 exams. 80. but then, Prof. Nagle promised to scale up the grades since the mean is 65. My partner of last sem's Intro to Mech E class, Josh, told me that Prof Quinn will not curve the class and the final will be far tougher than any of the 3 hour exams.



Just spent the whole evening on my second last assignment. The first of 2 binary search tree assignments. Worth 8 points. Getting my hands dirty in doing the code helps me better understand the elegant algorithms. There's a 15111 quiz on Friday and I think I need to study the big Oh for BSTs.



Stupid OLR (OnLine Registration). I can't register for next fall's courses the whole day due to an extremely slow server today. I just couldn't understand how on earth could the server crawl in a small university with a mere population of 5000 and yet has the respect for being one of world's most premiere computer science schools? I guess the CMU community embrace the Internet a lot but the sad fact is that, some internet tools we're using are slightly antiquated. Another thing, how on heck can there be a waiting list over 100 students for Macroeconomics? The combined maximum enrollment for both sections is 200 and yet by 3.30pm, there were over 63 and 58 people on the waiting lists. Kenneth is luckier than me to be on the 20 something spot of the WL. Probably there will be adding another lecture or two for the course.



Why didn't Kim blog yesterday?

0 comments: