Friday, April 23, 2004

"What are you smoking, man?"



I was walking back from the University Center (our student center building) after lunch when I saw this bunch of guys giving out free Marlboro cigarrettes on their "SmokAThon" campaign. "I'll go for one," said one black guy with braided hair as he pulled out a stick from a generous campaigner. I'm not sure why are they doing this neither do I know who sponsors it. It's kinda cool, you know. After all these stop-smoking ads that you see on TV, billboards, newspapers etc., it's nice to have the health campaign's antithesis. I was tempted to get a free smoke but I'm scared I'll embarass myself for not knowing how to smoke.



I tried it before but never got hook to it. Thank God. I remembered hanging out with friends D & D at my old kindegarten's playground on Saturday evenings. Actually, I smoked 6 sticks of Marlboros during my very first try. Went back home and luckily my family was not in. I got really dizzy after that that I slept from 7 p.m. till the next morning. After that, I tried a stick or two once every 4/5 months but my friends would just laugh at me coughing the first puff of smoke.



I have Calc II exam tomorrow. Wish me luck. Spent the evening at my TA Al Cohen's review session. Before that, I got the final piece for my jazz class. Chords and improv by next Thursday.

0 comments: